بجویبجویبجوی
  • صفحه اصلی
  • محتوا
  • جستجو
  • نشان ها
  • دسته بندی ها
    • خبری
    • فناوری
    • ورزش
    • فیلم و سینما
    • اقتصادی
    • بازی رایانه ای
    • مجلات اینترنتی
    • سفر و گردشگری
    • خودرو
    • مذهبی
    • مادر و کودک
    • معماری و چیدمان
    • زیبایی و سلامت
    • کاریابی
    • منابع خارجی
    • ویدئو
جستجو
صفحات تخصصی
  • آخرین نتایج ورزشی
  • بورس و اوراق بهادار
  • صفحات روزنامه ها
  • قیمت ارز و فلزات گران بها
سایر
  • دسته بندی ها
  • منابع
  • ارتباط با ما
  • حریم خصوصی
در ما بجوی او را ، در او بجوی ما را
خواندن: Trump administration admits canceling clean energy grants to Democratic states
به اشتراک بگذارید
تغییر اندازه فونتآآ
بجویبجوی
تغییر اندازه فونتآآ
  • خبری
  • ورزش
  • فناوری
  • مذهبی
  • معماری و چیدمان
  • زیبایی و سلامت
  • اقتصادی
  • بازی رایانه ای
  • خودرو
  • سفر و گردشگری
  • فیلم و سینما
  • مادر و کودک
  • مجلات اینترنتی
  • کاریابی
  • منابع خارجی
  • ویدئو
جستجو
  • صفحه اصلی
  • محتوا
  • جستجو
  • نشان ها
  • دسته بندی ها
    • معماری و چیدمان
    • منابع خارجی
    • زیبایی و سلامت
    • فناوری
    • ورزش
    • مجلات اینترنتی
    • اقتصادی
    • خودرو
    • مذهبی
    • خبری
    • سفر و گردشگری
    • بازی رایانه ای
    • کاریابی
    • مادر و کودک
    • فیلم و سینما
    • منابع خارجی
    • ویدئو
ما را دنبال کنید
در ما بجوی او را ، در او بجوی ما را
بجوی > منابع خارجی > Trump administration admits canceling clean energy grants to Democratic states
منابع خارجی

Trump administration admits canceling clean energy grants to Democratic states

آخرین به روز رسانی: جمعه 2 مرداد 1405 22:37
گاردین
به اشتراک بگذارید
6 دقیقه مطالعه
Trump administration admits canceling clean energy grants to Democratic states
اشتراک گذاری

The Trump administration has admitted scrapping more than $۷.۵bn in federal grants for clean energy projects to states “based solely” on whether they backed Donald Trump in the ۲۰۲۴ election.

US federal officials appeared to acknowledge in court documents last week that they had terminated the funding last October “based solely” on political criteria, targeting projects in states that were represented by Democrats and had voted for Kamala Harris.

The administration previously framed the move as safeguarding taxpayer dollars from “waste” and continues to insist it was not politically motivated.

“[The Department of Energy] accepts that neither the inclusion of the ARCHES grant nor any other grants in the October notice tranche was based on any programmatic, statutory, cost-reduction or performance-based factor,” government lawyers said in the filing.

“[The Department of Energy] accepts that the inclusion of grants in the October notice tranche was based solely on the political identity of the grant recipient’s state, ie, whether the recipient’s location and/or place of performance was in a Blue State or a non-Blue State.

“[The Department of Energy] will not contend that it looked beyond the prime grantee(s) to consider the political identity or geographic distribution of downstream beneficiaries of the grant funds.”

The apparent admission was first reported by the New York Times.

In a statement on Friday, a spokesperson for the US energy department said of the report: “That is a misrepresentation of the court filing. None of the termination decisions were based on political considerations.”

The acknowledgment of political considerations “was referring to the timing of the announcement, not of the decisions themselves”, the spokesperson claimed.

The filings stem from a lawsuit, filed last June, by a group of six University of California faculty and other researchers challenging various federal agencies that halted Biden-era funding.

The plaintiffs said in a press release at the time that the abrupt cancellations of already-awarded grants had been a part of a “political ‘cost-cutting’ agenda and ideological purity campaign” waged by the administration.

It comes as the White House seeks to exert even greater control over billions of dollars in annual federal grants, aiming to have Trump’s political appointees review all federal grants, with the power to block or revoke vast amounts of funding if they did not conform to or align with Trump’s priorities.

According to a ۴۰۰-page proposed rule for federal financial assistance published on ۲۹ May, “Discretionary awards must, where applicable, demonstrably advance the President’s policy priorities.”

skip past newsletter promotion


Free newsletter | Around ۲-۳ times a day

Sign up to Breaking News US

Get the most important news as it breaks

after newsletter promotion

They must also adhere to further standards set out by the White House, including not promoting “anti-American values”, the denial of “the sex binary in humans” and the use of “racial preferences” in selection criterion.

Per last week’s court filing, the energy department had reviewed its financial assistance awards and created a list last September that recommended canceling more than ۶۰۰ grants awarded by the Biden administration for a wide range of clean energy projects in states represented by both Republicans and Democrats.

However, in October, the White House budget office, led by Russell Vought, terminated only ۲۸۴ of those grants. Vought announced on X: “Nearly $۸ billion in Green New Scam funding to fuel the Left’s climate agenda is being canceled. The projects are in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DE, HI, IL, MD, MA, MN, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OR, VT, WA.”

Last week, federal officials appeared to concede that the decision had been purely informed by politics. “With one exception, the ۲۸۴ terminated grants had a recipient location and/or at least one place of performance in a state that awarded its electoral votes to Kamala Harris in the ۲۰۲۴ election and has two Democratic-caucusing Senators (“Blue State” grants),” the court filing says.

Meanwhile, the energy department left in place hundreds of other energy grants in state represented by Republicans and that had voted for Trump in ۲۰۲۴ – despite the department having also recommended that they too be scrapped.

Last month, Trump’s energy secretary, Chris Wright, appeared before the House science, space and technology committee to defend his department’s fiscal ۲۰۲۷ budget request. “No decisions were made on politics,” he insisted.

The Guardian has reached out to the White House.



برای مشاهده منبع محتوا اینجا کلیک کنید 

برچسب ها:English
این مقاله را به اشتراک بگذارید
فیس بوک پینترست واتساپ واتساپ لینکدین تلگرام لینک را کپی کنید چاپ کنید
مقاله قبلی Paramount agrees to pause Warner Bros deal while court case plays out Paramount agrees to pause Warner Bros deal while court case plays out
مقاله بعدی تساوی فولادی‌ها در دیدار تدارکاتی مقابل سپاهان تساوی فولادی‌ها در دیدار تدارکاتی مقابل سپاهان
بدون دیدگاه بدون دیدگاه

دیدگاهتان را بنویسید لغو پاسخ

نشانی ایمیل شما منتشر نخواهد شد. بخش‌های موردنیاز علامت‌گذاری شده‌اند *

انسان بودن خود را ثابت کنید: 0   +   8   =  

برچسب ها

English game IT اخبار ارز دیجیتال استخدام اقتصاد انیمیشن بازی بازی کامپوتری بیماری تور تکنولوژی خبر خودرو درمان دیجیتال دین زیبایی سبک زندگی سریال سفر سلامت سلامتی علمی فناوری فوتبال فیلم مادر ماشین محتوا اینترنتی مذهب معماری موتور موفقیت نوزاد هنر ورزش ورزشی چهره ها چیدمان کاریابی کشتی کودک گردشگری

ما را دنبال کنید

Xدنبال کنید
اینستاگرامدنبال کنید
Tiktokدنبال کنید
تلگرامدنبال کنید

موارد مرتبط

آلاف الوفیات فی اوروبا اثر موجات الحر – قناه العالم الاخباریه
منابع خارجی

آلاف الوفیات فی اوروبا اثر موجات الحر – قناه العالم الاخباریه

جمعه 30 مرداد 1405
قالیباف:یجب وضع خارطه طریق للعلاقات الاقتصادیه بین ایران والعراق – قناه العالم الاخباریه
منابع خارجی

قالیباف:یجب وضع خارطه طریق للعلاقات الاقتصادیه بین ایران والعراق – قناه العالم الاخباریه

جمعه 30 مرداد 1405
‘حماس’ تدعو لجمعه غضب نصره للقدس المحتله – قناه العالم الاخباریه
منابع خارجی

‘حماس’ تدعو لجمعه غضب نصره للقدس المحتله – قناه العالم الاخباریه

جمعه 30 مرداد 1405
قالیباف یزور ضریح الشهید أبو مهدی المهندس فی النجف الأشرف+فیدیو – قناه العالم الاخباریه
منابع خارجی

قالیباف یزور ضریح الشهید أبو مهدی المهندس فی النجف الأشرف+فیدیو – قناه العالم الاخباریه

جمعه 30 مرداد 1405
نمایش بیشتر

درباره ما

بجوی با جستجو در منابع وب فارسی محتوا متنوع برای شما جمع آوری کرده و در زمان شما صرفه جویی می کند. شما در بجوی می توانید محتوا جدیدترین منابع مورد علاقه خود را مشاهده و سپس در منبع اصلی دنبال کنید.کلیه محتوا نمایش داده شده توسط منابع جستجو تولید شده و بجوی هیچ گونه مسئولیتی در قبال محتوا تولید شده ندارد.

دسته بندی های پر بازدید

  • خبری
  • ورزش
  • فناوری
  • مجلات اینترنتی
  • اقتصادی
  • خودرو

دسترسی سریع

  • قیمت ارز و فلزات گران بها
  • آخرین نتایج ورزشی
  • بورس و اوراق بهادار
  • صفحات روزنامه ها
  • دسته بندی ها
  • منابع

بجویبجوی
ما را دنبال کنید
© 1405 تمامی حقوق برای بجوی محفوظ است.
  • حفظ حریم خصوصی
  • ارتباط با ما